inTank Media Baskets

12G AIO Nano

benner33

Getting back into the hobby and planning a small clown pair tank. I’ve got the lighting (AI Prime 16HD), dry rock, and a Nano Glass skimmer (the only one I recall working well in the small chambers) along with one additional power head. I’ve also modified the return with a Y return with two 3D printed random flow thingys. The return pump also is larger than what came with it. I originally planned to use the original kit for a Dwarf seahorse tank (which I used to keep back in the day) but after a week days of making BBS daily I remembered why I eventually gave my (super heathy) herd to someone else. 

For inhabitants I plan to just have a pair of clowns (Percs or Ocellaris).

I’m debating having a BTA and some SPS / soft corals eventually or just skipping the BTA and getting some LPS / softies that the clowns will like. 

I know the lights are way overkill for a tank this size but that way I could upgrade the tank down the road if I wanted to. 

Here’s the scape so far. 

2B910661-7AB5-434B-BAD6-45FCF770F4B0.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks yeah I thought it was neat too. Originally my hope was to kick things off with the package’d kit but all of it sucked bad enough I figured in for a penny. 

12g on Amazon

Honestly I immediately kinda regretted it since I bought and mod’d it then I saw IM post about a new preorder for their new tank. But all the good bits would work fine if / when I upgrade to a IM 20+ or WB 20+ my wife would have filed papers (for real she has PTSD from my final tank where I had to re-home my seahorses to someone trustworthy before leaving FL for CA) so I wanted to keep it small for now. 

Added the AlgaeBarn tank cycle kit stuff and got the AI Prime 16 HD lighting schedule setup (BRS’s from their YouTube video can’t figure out how to apply the downloaded Saxby profile and I’m too lazy to transcribe the raw plist data at the moment) 

Temp at ~81F during the cycle and ~29ppt 🤞

A8BB4B4F-DF54-4723-B6B8-D973A9A8505F.jpeg

ABD78668-5268-43EF-A5A2-32B9415B1F7A.jpeg

• Like 2