Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Looking for another fish

Xj reefing

I’m looking to get a new fish for my tank as my yellow fin flasher died a few months ago and recently my mollie had to be euthanised. The tanks a Red Sea reefer 250 and it’s currently Housing 2 clowns, 1 chromis, 1 bi colour blenny, 1 small scopas tang (will be moved out once it is too large) 1 yellow coris wrasse and a lubboks fairy wrasse. So far I’ve thought about getting a melunurus wrasse but I’m worried it might bully my very timid yellow coris wrasse. I’ve all so thought about getting some sort of Australian found fairy wrasse. Im open to any suggestIons you guys might have.

Snow_Phoenix

You could try a goby of some sort to occupy the sandbed. The territory it establishes wouldn't really clash with all the open-column swimmers you already have. However, if you're really looking for a wrasse, a small flasher wrasse would do. Leopard's another option if you're chasing something exotic, but it can be a bit of a pain to wean it onto prepared. 🤔

• Like 1

For a 50 gallon tank, I would consider it fully stocked.  So I'd at least wait until you re-homed the Tang before you add another fish.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

You could try a goby of some sort to occupy the sandbed. The territory it establishes wouldn't really clash with all the open-column swimmers you already have. However, if you're really looking for a wrasse, a small flasher wrasse would do. Leopard's another option if you're chasing something exotic, but it can be a bit of a pain to wean it onto prepared. 🤔

I’m pretty sure my lfs has leopard wrasse that already eat prepared food. I’ve all so been looking into exquisite fairy wrasse and possibly a labouti fairy wrasse. I’m getting a qt tank soon so if I get a leopard and it doesn’t eat right away I can keep it in there and wean it onto prepared.