ReefCleaners.org

Mixed Reef Jar—big changes

NatureGuy

NatureGuy

Okay, the present frag rack definitely doesn’t fit well, I can only attack two of the six arms and it holds at least one frag concerning my close to the heater 

I’m a little worried about candy cane sweeper tentacles

IMG_4873.jpeg

NatureGuy

New corals settling in nicely. I’m not sure what kind of mushroom that is—I think it’s a Yuma. 

the candy cane has two mouths 

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

NatureGuy

I dipped the older zoas and the cloves, both of which were algae covered and closed up, into a three parts saltwater one part 6% peroxide solution for 5 minutes today. I believe this may kill them, but so long as they stay closed there is little point in keeping them alive, so I figured it was worth the risk. 

I did notice that the new zoas and the Duncan closed immediately after these two coral were places back in the tank. Anxiety is telling me they are supper sensitive to peroxide, but I don’t think they could possibly be effecting by such a small amount. They must have merely been bothered by my physical presence in the tank messing with things. 

something dyed and floated of them during the soak, it is pictured below. 

IMG_4889.jpeg

• Like 1