ReefCleaners.org

Problem

InAtTheDeepEnd

InAtTheDeepEnd

I sustained a head injury a little less than a week ago and am currently unable to drive, but I have (as of last night) run out of RODI to top up the evaporation in my reef.

I have access to water from a dehumidifier but I don't know if it's ok to use?

Or any other suggestions what I could use please

• Sad 2

I probably wouldn't use the dehumidifier's water.  Can you get groceries delivered?  For a reef tank, I'd buy distilled water (or RO drinking water, if distilled isn't an option).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I agree with what others have said about getting a grocery delivery or maybe a LFS delivery. You can even try food delivery apps like DoorDash down here in Florida will stop just about anywhere (to include convenience stores and gas stations which have distilled water) 

feel better!  

If you don't have any delivery services available, got a neighbor you're on good terms with? Could pay someone a few bucks to bring you some distilled or RO water when they do their next grocery run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

I sustained a head injury a little less than a week ago and am currently unable to drive, but I have (as of last night) run out of RODI to top up the evaporation in my reef.

I have access to water from a dehumidifier but I don't know if it's ok to use?

Or any other suggestions what I could use please

Most dehumidifiers use (or used to) copper coils.  If yours is NOT METALLIC then the water should be fine in the reef.  THat's a big "IF" though.  Be sure.

Otherwise, use any water you have, even tap water.  We're only talking in the short term, after all.....just don't want heaters or pumps to run exposed.

What is your longer term plan?

And how's your noggin healing!!!!???

• Like 1