Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Light recommendations

snostorm

Moving on from my Biocube 32 just pulled the trigger on an Innovative Marine 20g peninsula.  Tough tank to light.  Looking at Al prime etc....I would love to hear alternatives however.

Would be grateful for ideas.

At 27", I'd almost be looking at something with two clusters like the AI Hydra.  Although they are a bit pricey for me personally.  IDK, I've considered the Noopsyche K7 Pro III 140W before.  It might give you more coverage for a longer narrow tank than a single AI Prime 16HD.

https://noopsychereeflight.com/products/k7-pro-iii

Not sure about your budget.  You might be able to go with a Radion XR15 G6 (Pro or Blue).

• Like 1
14 hours ago, seabass said:

At 27", I'd almost be looking at something with two clusters like the AI Hydra.  Although they are a bit pricey for me personally.  IDK, I've considered the Noopsyche K7 Pro III 140W before.  It might give you more coverage for a longer narrow tank than a single AI Prime 16HD.

https://noopsychereeflight.com/products/k7-pro-iii

Not sure about your budget.  You might be able to go with a Radion XR15 G6 (Pro or Blue).

interesting...mounting options for that would be a challenge for me I think

I say the K2 Pro. It looks to be an amazing light,and I also got them to consider reareanging their clusters. Hopefully they do,but that doesn't take away from the light. There is TONS of threads on this light on Reef2Reef. You can get 2 of these for the price of a single 32HD.

From what I have seen on R2R all the users love them,besides the controller can be a bit difficult to get used to is the only downfall I can see. While the Radions crashes all the time and can be unresponsive. 

From my experience the AI controller is not bad at all. Very user friendly from my time I spent with the Prime 16HD. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, snostorm said:

Innovative Marine 20g peninsula.  Tough tank to light.

If I'm looking at the correct tank, it just looks like a typical rectangular tank.  In what way does it seem tough to light?  This answer would help me know which light might a better fit for your situation.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, snostorm said:

Looking at Al prime etc.

Not sure what the "prime etc" means.   The Prime would probably be OK, but I think you'd want a pair of them for even lighting across the whole peninsula.  With one, you'd need it up so high that it would be lighting up your whole room.   👎

Biggest question is whats your budget ? 

I had a Nuvo 20 and ran a 360 over it if I remember right. 

If I was to do it over again would probably go with a 30 yeah pricey or find a used duo or even a hybrid of some sort.....