Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

“You looking at me? You looking at me?!!” Clown Goby

daniejd

My Clown Goby is having an crazy day. Normally laid back went full Joe Pesci today. Attacked my clownfish pair, both at the same time, my Royal gramma is cowering in his cave. So odd always been very docile. Guess a bad fin day or something.

I cranked up the water flow, figured I can’t reason with a fish, but I can make his cruising and looking for trouble in the water column a little less appealing.

I think it’s a case of um sexual confusion. The the female of the clownfish pair may be ready to lay some eggs (really swollen belly in the last day). Probably releasing some sort of hormone in the water or something that the clown goby is picking up on.

1 hour ago, daniejd said:

I think it’s a case of um sexual confusion. The the female of the clownfish pair may be ready to lay some eggs (really swollen belly in the last day). Probably releasing some sort of hormone in the water or something that the clown goby is picking up on.

I imagine that's why they call them "clown" gobies.

OGC.53522bc6bdd9ba57ec94b4de9de875d8?pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia1.tenor.com%2fimages%2f53522bc6bdd9ba57ec94b4de9de875d8%2ftenor.gif%3fitemid%3d13868419&ehk=EwlCPt5NkIQZHNsjwl7CjxjFwF%2bqaEN3HY4gustE9zs%3d
  • Haha 2