Coral Vue Hydros

MY FIRST PICO REED TANK

Reeflover1121

Reeflover1121

Hello everyone, this my journey of my pico reef tank and my first saltwater tank. i hope you enjoy and help me through it.  

in regards Reeflover1121

• Like 2
Sturgi_0225
15 minutes ago, Reeflover1121 said:

thx man. i was wonder if i could use a par38 reef bulb on my pico. 

I don’tsee why not, there are some really good options out there

Reeflover1121

i got my tank. its a 6 gallon with a inbuilt sump. i will upload photos later.

i also got sand. i got it from bunnings(australian home hardware store). Its just play sand and they collected it from one of the beach in australia. I was wondering if i could use it because its cheap and i used it on betta fish tank. 

That doesn't seem like a sustainable place for them to be getting sand, what with shoreline erosion and all. But it's probably fine to use, though you should rinse it pretty heavily first. 

• Like 1
Reeflover1121
13 minutes ago, Tired said:

That doesn't seem like a sustainable place for them to be getting sand, what with shoreline erosion and all. But it's probably fine to use, though you should rinse it pretty heavily first. 

yes rinsed it and the

i rinsed it again. 

and i rinsed it again. but the tank coming along i just need to get a light and the one that i like is 90 australian dollars($$$)  for a low end light to grow softies and lps. 

• Like 1
ryans.salty.crew

Welcome! Provide us with pictures of your process. People love to see every step!

Including myself of course 🙂

Edited by 10g4Me
  • Like 1
Reeflover1121

Hello everyone i hope you guys are doing wonderful. The photos are of the tank i will be using for this build. i was wondering what is the best way to setup the sump, and should i add a little refugium in the sump too ?

IMG20220728220618.jpg

IMG20220728220659.jpg

• Like 1