ReefCleaners.org

Rinsing with tap water

Kenny2008

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but asking again - I have some dry Macrorock that is very dusty, so I rinsed it using a garden hose, I took it into the house and the next day, I placed it into the tank - I had made a note to rinse it with RODI water, but forgot!

I hope this was okay?  I don't know how much tap water is needed before any damage can happen - anyone?

Thanks

Don't worry about it.  The biggest issue is probably the chlorine, which should have dissipated overnight.  The contaminants shouldn't be enough to cause any problems (as tap water should be safe to drink).

It's not a bad precaution to rinse with RO water.  However, I rinse buckets, pumps, and other equipment in tap water without a final rinse of RO.

• Like 1

Thanks seabass!  Sidenote:  I just got hold of my city's water report - there's ample chloramine in it, so now I have to go get a bottle of dechlorinator....might just get a chloramine filter for the system I have, but a bottle of dechlorinator is much cheaper.

• Like 1