Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tailspot blenny feeding?

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

I recently got a tailspot blenny and a watchman goby(not important). I’ve  heard that you can just feed mysis shrimp or that you can only feed nori. I don’t know which one I should trust, It’s not an immediate issue as I have a small algae bloom going on and I’ve seen him feeding on that plus I always feed my tank half a cube of mysis once a day. A minor problem with Nori is that the only shop that sells it is a while away so if I can would I be able to feed it lettuce from our garden/boiled peas or cucumber in the days in between buying Nori?

Being a herbivore nori is an excellent choice but you can feed any number of flake or frozen foods as well that are catered to their diet. Omega nutrition, two little fishies, omega one, San fransico bay, and hikari are just some brands of the top of my head that also sell green, red, and brown seaweed sheets. You can literally get any of them shipped to your door step from Amazon or any online seller. Great fish choice. Tons of personality and one of my all time favs. 

There are some flake foods available that contain both algae materials and fish based proteins. I try to mix it up a bit with mysis and there flake foods.