Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ISO a Book: "The Biology of Gobies"

InAtTheDeepEnd

InAtTheDeepEnd

Hi, this is probably a bit of a longshot but I am currently seeking a hard copy (so not an ebook version!) of a book: The Biology of Gobies, 2011, published by CRC Press and edited by R. Patzner, J  Tassell, M. Kovocic, and BG Kapoor. 

It's on Amazon but well out of my budget - over £150 - so maybe someone here knows where I might find a cheaper copy, or give me ideas of where to look. I don't mind slightly poor condition at all and am willing to pay shipping of course. 

Thanks! 🙂

biology-of-gobies.png

Snow_Phoenix
1 hour ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

Hi, this is probably a bit of a longshot but I am currently seeking a hard copy (so not an ebook version!) of a book: The Biology of Gobies, 2011, published by CRC Press and edited by R. Patzner, J  Tassell, M. Kovocic, and BG Kapoor. 

It's on Amazon but well out of my budget - over £150 - so maybe someone here knows where I might find a cheaper copy, or give me ideas of where to look. I don't mind slightly poor condition at all and am willing to pay shipping of course. 

Thanks! 🙂

biology-of-gobies.png

I found a hardcopy online in Book Depository, but it is an expensive book:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Biology-Gobies-Robert-Patzner/9781578084364?ref=grid-view&qid=1658239462860&sr=1-1

You can try AbeBooks, see if anything pops up there. Another option is sourcing out sellers online that specialize in selling the 'last' book on the shelf. In other words, these sellers actually go to bookstores and purchase leftover books that simply couldn't get sold, and are usually the last, leftover copy left on the shelf. Usually those copies won't be perfect (might have a creased spine/cover - that sort of thing), but they'll be cheap. You just need to get in touch with a local seller that sources these books.

Another option is to get secondhand, pre-loved copies in yard sales or even rejected copies from libraries. (Not all books are accepted by libraries, apparently).

I used these methods to find some copies of very old, outdated romance novels. Granted, it's fiction, and factual books are usually harder to find, but it might be worth a shot.

Hope this helps! 🌺

InAtTheDeepEnd
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Holy fish batman! That's $180 U.S dollars. What's so special about it?

Honestly this isn't an unreasonable (or unusual) price for a very niche, hardback textbook written by multiple experts in the field. Just a bit out of my budget so I'm hoping I might get lucky.

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
20 minutes ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

Honestly this isn't an unreasonable (or unusual) price for a very niche, hardback textbook written by multiple experts in the field. Just a bit out of my budget so I'm hoping I might get lucky.

The price actually sounds reasonable to me. Textbooks are usually quite pricey, as you've mentioned - this one explores a very specific topic. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1