Top Shelf Aquatics

dark wall......

Star polyp

By dark do you mean like... not bright?  The only thing I can make out is that I can't make out your rocks in the picture. Ate you using white lights at all or just blues?

On 7/13/2022 at 11:34 AM, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

It looks like some kind of algae but can't tell what from the pic. 

How old is the tank, what is in it and how did you set it up?

It is 7 months has 2 clown, 1 crab, 4 nasuris, green star polyp,2 zoanthids and one trumpet coral. It was good until 2 weeks ago. i can take a finger and wipe it off and not stringy.

On 7/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, patback said:

By dark do you mean like... not bright?  The only thing I can make out is that I can't make out your rocks in the picture. Ate you using white lights at all or just blues?

I can wipe it off with my finger and i have 1/2 white and the other 1/2 day blue....

I think it was , I wiped it off easy and changed the water and stuff is looking better and cleaner.

Thank you

Brenda

InAtTheDeepEnd

In order to stop it coming back, it would be worth testing your nutrient levels for nitrate and phosphate. Make sure you are using RODI as your source and if you keep parameters where they should be and manually remove by wiping/syphoning and sucking out when you water change it should go. It's a normal part of the tank maturation process, though; how quickly it settles can vary though depending on feeding/stocking, tank size and lighting etc - so many variables. But good luck.