Pod Your Reef

Lps bleaching and dropping tentacles

Aidanburkhardt

Aidanburkhardt

Hey guys so I went on vacation recently for a few days about 2 weeks ago and at some point the lights on my tank went out leaving it in the dark for some time and I’m starting to see now that my hammer and frogspawn corals are losing a lot of color and some are dropping tentacles. I’m wondering if I should continue to keep them back on their regular light cycle before vacation where they were growing great or if I should cut it down for a little and ramp it back up or anything else that might help ensure these corals bounce back. I’ve read a few different things saying it could be too much light again too soon and other stuff some I’m not sure which route I should take

• Sad 1
Aidanburkhardt
1 minute ago, Aidanburkhardt said:

Hey guys so I went on vacation recently for a few days about 2 weeks ago and at some point the lights on my tank went out leaving it in the dark for some time and I’m starting to see now that my hammer and frogspawn corals are losing a lot of color and some are dropping tentacles. I’m wondering if I should continue to keep them back on their regular light cycle before vacation where they were growing great or if I should cut it down for a little and ramp it back up or anything else that might help ensure these corals bounce back. I’ve read a few different things saying it could be too much light again too soon and other stuff some I’m not sure which route I should take

I’ll also say that I’ve been seeing a large amount of bristleworms in my tank and crawling around and I’m some of the corals and I suspect some may be fireworms instead as I usually get some weird stings while cleaning the tank and doing maintenance and have read that they are harmful to corals