inTank Media Baskets

Getting back in the water.

Reef Hollister

Reef Hollister

I had two nano tanks and they were doing fine but then my wife and I decided on a move closer to both our families so I took the tanks down and they set in storage until they were given away for a charity yard sale.  Bottom line, I'm ready to get back in the water since the market means we probably won't be moving anytime soon.  It is still possible so I want to keep it simple.  I'm thinking about the LED BioCube 16 gal.  I know I'd be better off with some upgrades.  I still have the InTank chambers from the last go around so I should be good to start.  I'll upgrade the pump and see what else my wife didn't give away.  My main question is about the lights that come with the Biocube.  Are they enough to keep basic corals or will that require an upgrade.  Not looking for the strongest lights but enough to keep zoas, mushrooms and softies and the likes.  Maybe a SPS up high.

If I recall correctly, the BioCube's stock LEDs were alright for most low light corals.

I probably wouldn't get my hope up on keeping SPS.  But maybe a montipora would work.

• Agree 1