SaltCritters.com

New Nano - Progress Pic

NH3

Well, as the subject line says, here's a progress pic of my new nano tank. It's been up for about 6 weeks now and I finally put a fish in yesterday.

Stats:

6 gallon Eclipse, 2x13W PC retro-kit from A H Supply, 2x12V DC fans inside the hood for cooling, AquaClear 1000 Powerhead, 7 lbs. Fiji LR, 1 inch of finely crushed coral, 50W Tronic Heater (never on)

SPG: 1.024

Temp: 79-80 degrees

pH: 8.0-8.1

Ammonia, Nitrites: undetectable

Nitrates: 5ppm

Ca: 460 ppm

Additives: 1 mL B-Ionic on an as-needed basis

Corals:

Mushrooms, Zooanthids, 1 Frog Spawn, 1 Bubble, 1 Green Open-Brain

Inverts:

1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 6 Red Hermits, 2 Astraea Snails, 1 Hawaiian Feather Duster

Fish:

1 Ocellaris Clown

I'm keeping a close eye on the bubble. It's going to outgrow the tank very quicky IMO.

Very nice indeed! I like the choice of corals and the associated colours as well as the artfully chosen layout. Tank looks quite good for ita young age. Keep up the good work.

Wow, thanks to all of you for the words of encouragement. I am already fighting the urge to upgrade to a 12 or 20g....

Originally posted by Sahin

Very nice indeed!  I like the choice of corals and the associated colours as well as the artfully chosen layout.  Tank looks quite good for ita young age.  Keep up the good work.

Good catch Fant. The brain coral does indeed look bleached, I thought perhaps it was the lighting and didnt think about bleaching at all. Follow Fants advice.

I have found that brain corals generally dont require as high lighting as you think.

Archived