SaltCritters.com

Do these mushrooms look like they are ok to you?`

CSMReef

Here is a picture of my mushrooms that I bought about a week ago. Only the purple ones to the right of the green striped one have fully opened all the way since I bought them. Any ideas on how to get them to fully open? Thanks for your comments in advance.

10258DSC00675.jpg

petetheglassblowwer

if the shrooms r happy thay will open up ,but a week is a long time. test the water! Allso shrooms like slow moving water to open up all the way.

Water param. are 1.0235 SG, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates. I think there might be too much flow for them. I use RO/DI water, and there is no algae over taking my tank. I might try moving them to another location. Right now I have the stock nanocube water pump for water ciculation, a minijet 606 for water circulation, and another minijet 606 diffusing the top of the water to break up protein.

I have stock nano cube too! I just have a rio 50 though for surface agitation. What are you dosing? Mine LOVE when I dose my stront. and idoine twice a week. Of course I'm sure you are dosing your calcium everyday. That will help them. But will go with the other comment as well, get them out of high flow and low to middle of the tank. They don't like the bright light.

Actually, I don't dose anything in my nano. A water change weekly will replenish anything that a 12g uses up, with a high quality salt that is. As far as I know, mushrooms don't consume calcium or stront., only iodine. I think you are right on the high light and flow, tomorrow I will place them under a ledge. I did notice that the purplish blue mushrooms have spread and there are 6 or 7 new baby mushrooms growing.

Yes format32 that is correct, it is conceptually 0 nitrate. This meaning it is less than 10 ppm and I'm not going to waste my time comparing the different hues of yellow. Try not being so literal.

Edit: Try to follow your saying at the bottom of your post =), and if you don't have any useful information on the topic then don't post. Thanks!

Your SG is a little low compared to what some people keep it at, not that that is bad. Perhaps they were in a higher salinity tank before you got them and they are adjusting?

Not too forsure Iceburg. I acclimated them for over an hour. You would think that within a week they would have adjusted, but you never know...

I keep my SG around 1.025 to 1.026 and it works for me but if the shrooms were used to lower light conditions they may need to adjust. I find that some days mine will stretch out and other time they don't. BTW they do look healthy but my red's seem to stetch out more than the greens and blues.

P.S. I don't think bumble bee snails are reef safe.

I would say that they maybe shocked from the light intesity. You have over 7 watts per gallon. Mushrooms in the first place don't require that much light. They also don't like that much water flow, but not stagnant water. What else is in your tank?

Archived