Innovative Marine Aquariums

My first fish

SubZero

I have been keeping a reef tank now for over two years. Since my first was an eclipse 6, I only kept a few corals and some inverts. Now that my cycle is over, I got my first saltwater fish...

I know they aren't unique, but they are colorful and fun to watch, so take a look at Ben and Jerry (Jeri maybe???)

Beautiful pair of fasle percs. I have 2 and absolutely love them. I have grown very attached to mine they eat out of my hand. In my tank its all about my pair of clowns.

Well I should turn in my Nano badge and go back fish keeping 101...

I picked up my fish yesterday and took my time acclimating them. My water parameters all checked out fine before I put them in. I acclimated them by floating the bag in the sump long enough to equalize the temperature, then I drip acclimated them for about two hours or so...I was pretty certain that the volume of water from my tank completely replaced the LFS water. Then I let them loose in the tank.

About an hour after I let them loose in the tank I checked on them and they appeared to be happy as could be. They took to my candycane as you can see in the photo.

I got up this AM and there was one left alive, almost stuck on the strainer to my bulkhead's overflow. It was covered in white stuff, but I am thinking that was his slime coat because he was stressed. When I put him in my hospital tank all he did was swim on his side and in loops then died a short time later. The other is at the bottom of my tank...out of reach being eaten by bristle worms, my hermits and nassarius snails. I imagine that by the time I get home from work there won't be much of a corpse left.

Needless to say, I went back to my LFS. In the tank that I got my clowns from they lost like 6 or 7 overnight too. I don't feel so bad now... BUT, I am not sure when or if I am putting fish back in my tank.

:*(

Mark

that sucks really bad :( sounds like it was just a poor shipment, it could have gotten delayed, although i would think that any respectable person working there would have let you know that. hopefully they didn't have any parasites.

Archived