Top Shelf Aquatics

Lights for 20 Long

Morpheus77

In the very near future, I am planning on doing a 20 gallon long reef tank. Back in my previous reef endeavors, I was running T5's, so still learning the LED side of things. With that being said, I'm a softie reefer, love the soft waving type corals, zoo's, paly's, zenia's frogspan, Duncan's, etc. Would like an anemone of some type, and I had great success with condy's back in the day,  maybe a tridacna clam later. So what in yall's opinion is the best light for me? I have been looking at coralife Seascape and Current USA Orbit, both seem to have descent reviews, but the current seems to have better reviews. Or go with something else all together?? TIA.

Honestly I would suggest T5's. Cheapest and best option. I went back to T5's from years of led use. 

For softies and lps I would say and AgroBrite 2 bulb for like $50-$60. 

• Like 1

I like your way of thinking, at least I have experience with these. Good idea, will definitely consider it. I wish I could remember what T5's I had on my 55 gallon, it was a great light, I remember it was 400 and some odd dollars for it. Saved up months for it too. Thanks again.

Absolutely !!! I orginially bought one from the guy I bought my tank from for insanely cheap,then I got a Radion G4 XR15,didn't like the way it lit the tank. Sold that and got a Tek 4 bulb T5 from a memeber here and whew did I miss T5's.

You should be able to have enough light for softies And lps but if you thimk not a 4 bulb can bw had for about $80-$120 on Amazon. Jist bulb choice would be hard with a 2 bulb unless you like either blue spectrum or a white spectrum. 

ATI Blue Plus and Coral Plus is not bad at all if you like a whiter spectrum. Or Blue + and a Actinic is a perfect blue spectrum. 

I am running 2 Giesemann Actinic Blue,1 Giesemann Super Actinic and a ATI Coral Plus but might switch that out for a Purple Plus. 

• Like 1