Coral Vue Hydros

Did you turn a chamber in back to refugium?

ChilledReefer

ChilledReefer

Did anyone turn a back chamber into a refugium? Which one the middle?  And if so did you put the algae in a container of some sort or just let it grow freely?

I did in the biocube . Bought a light and velcro it to the back to grow cheato.  They also sell underwater lights that look like a heater.  I used the Intank fuge caddy..  don't need that but is nice to pull out easy and trim cheato back. Intank makes great stuff for lots of tanks . Pricey but quality

ChilledReefer

Are the sizes of the chambers in these about the same?  Or does one company make one that will fit a fiji cube 10 gallon?

2 hours ago, ChilledReefer said:

Are the sizes of the chambers in these about the same?  Or does one company make one that will fit a fiji cube 10 gallon?

Intank makes them for each tank. You can use there website and actual shop by tank however I looked for you and they only make stuff for the Fiji 40.  Probably bc figi makes there own stuff.  Screenshot_20220606-072645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.619fc427ae75e5600b046d47a79cd078.jpg

ChilledReefer
14 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Intank makes them for each tank. You can use there website and actual shop by tank however I looked for you and they only make stuff for the Fiji 40.  Probably bc figi makes there own stuff.  Screenshot_20220606-072645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.619fc427ae75e5600b046d47a79cd078.jpg

Thanks, very much! I'll go check out the fiji site as well. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I have an UNS60A.  It's has three chambers and why I don't have an official "fuge", I consider the middle chamber to be one.  Have all kinds of little things growing on side of the middle chamber and happy to let it all be.  The first iteration of my tank had an old Bio-wheel filter on it (minus the wheel) for movement and to house the heater and after a few years, there were several hundred super tiny feather dusters back there!  

I recently got a reef glass skimmer and its in the second chamber at this point.  Haven't really though about adding a light / algae but always good I suppose.