SaltCritters.com

Stocking for a 200L/53G

Emma_W

I can’t decide what to put in my tank!

I have a 200L/53G tank and this is my scape although I’m wanting to take that big rock on the left and put it on top of the main scape structure (or something like that).

What I have currently:

2x clownfish

1x green watchman goby

1x bloodshrimp

4x nassarius snails (+babies)

corals:

1x GSP

2x toadstool mushroom

1x BTA

1x Monti frag

1x Xenia

1x utter chaos zoa

I’m interested in starfish, sea urchins (although it is a pain that they can pick up coral and love it about), and some types of fish  that will swim more towards the surface of the tank, like in the open water space 

I don’t currently have a lid but I have plans to get a mesh one

6DC4B640-1BDA-4258-9784-9257CBEF4CC8.jpeg

7BCE7C09-BF24-461F-BEB9-FFD26C882C2F.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There are so many options and many opinions. The first thing comes to my mind is a dwarf Angelfish. There are many different to choose from and add a splash of color and activity. Small wrasses are nice.. one of the possum wrasses. There are many more options. It comes down to your preference.  The clowns may be a bit aggresive something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, jambon said:

There are so many options and many opinions. The first thing comes to my mind is a dwarf Angelfish. There are many different to choose from and add a splash of color and activity. Small wrasses are nice.. one of the possum wrasses. There are many more options. It comes down to your preference.  The clowns may be a bit aggresive something to keep in mind. 

Those possum wrasses look nice, I’ve  also seen a coral beauty angel that I like but not sure if I want to risk it nipping at the corals/ eating the snails🙈

Xj reefing

My tank is a 250l system but the display tank is only 200l.  In my tank I have:

1 bi colour blenny

1 chromis

2 clowns

1 baby scopas tang (will need to be moved out in around a year or so)

1 yellow fin flasher wrasse

1 lubboks fairy wrasse

1 yellow coris wrasse

1 molly

I would have to say my fish list is a bit overstocked as I can not keep nitrates under 10ppm but all the fish and corals are pretty happy. All my fish except the blenny stay out and about most of the time with my flasher wrasse all most all ways being at the surface. If you decide to get a wrasse of any sort you will need to get a cover first. My tank has a Red Sea diy mesh lid over it and it has stopped multiple wrasse torpedos. 

• Like 1