Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bad Aggression in Pairing Clown Fish

azi

I got these clown fish on Saterday and they have been in the tank for about 5 days, I noticed aggression between them and just assumed pairing behavior however it has gotten bad enoght to where the less aggressive was laying in the sand when I woke up. I put the more aggressive clown in a cup. Theres also a fire fish.

Nuvo 10 gallon

20220427_212111.jpg

20220427_212112.jpg

20220428_075125.jpg

mi-mi coral frags

The tank might not be big enough for both of them bro. You can try putting them in separate containers next to each other for a sec and remove one from the tank if they stress, but that's my best guess.

less than bread

Hmmm, are you completely sure the smaller clown was laying on the sand because it was bullied? There could be another reason why it was laying in the sand. One of my clownfish used to sleep on the sand bed, goofy creatures they are. I would say your tank is fine size for now but you'll probably want to upgrade in the next couple of years as they get bigger.

Are you testing for ammonia? Since these fish are new, I'm wondering if there was possibly an ammonia spike that hit the smaller clown harder...

Are there any visible injuries or is it swimming weird now?

2 hours ago, less than bread said:

Hmmm, are you completely sure the smaller clown was laying on the sand because it was bullied? There could be another reason why it was laying in the sand. One of my clownfish used to sleep on the sand bed, goofy creatures they are. I would say your tank is fine size for now but you'll probably want to upgrade in the next couple of years as they get bigger.

Are you testing for ammonia? Since these fish are new, I'm wondering if there was possibly an ammonia spike that hit the smaller clown harder...

Are there any visible injuries or is it swimming weird now?

Small injury on fin on less dominant clown, I have been feeding more and that could've contributed to the spike but my gsp that I also added are looking much better and other fish are acting fine, I came home from school and the fish is swimming fine right now and I have not seen it lay down, I am thinking of letting the dominant clown out in the morning. While the lights are off. I don't think I'll have enogh time to do a water change till I finish 2 exams I have in next 2 days sadly.

• 1 month later...