Cultivated Reef

perc not eating

rong666

hi, I purchased a true perc 2 days ago. Come to find out he was wild caught and not aqua cultured. well, ive had him for 2 days and he still isn't eating. Ive offed spectrum granular, cyclopeaze, frozen bloodworms, and frozen brine shrimp. Any suggestions or words of encouragement. He seems active enough, just isnt eating anything. It could be stress. feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

thanx,

Ron

It's normal for percs to go several days without eating when first introduced to the tank. Mine didn't eat for 3 days and then only gradually started eating. I currently feed him frozen formula 1 (well thawed, he likes it soft and mushy), OSI flakes and PE Mysis shrimp (his favorite). He won't eat squid or krill, but then this is just my fish and they each have their own personality.

well, he is still active, and as far as i can tell(other than not eating) is showing no physical signs of stress. He's recently begun to utilize more of the tank. I'm assuming that he must be digeting micro-particles of brine shrimp, due to the fact that it's been like 5 or six days now and he is still alive. Lately ive been pumping the tank with garlic soaked frozen brine....everyday he gets a little closer to actually eating some. thanx for all the advice,

Ron

ps: im looking forward to a nic healthy algae bloom after this :x

• 1 month later...

my true percula clownfish gobbles up cyclopeeze... i've tried feeding when lights are on and when lights are off, and i've noticed that mine eats most heavily when lights are out; it's worth a shot to feed at might maybe?

Archived