Pod Your Reef

Duncan heads bailed

Bigals-nano-1

Bigals-nano-1

Over the last week or so my Duncan that has been thriving in the tank for about 7 months seems to be loosing heads. This coral started off with 3 heads and has grown to 20+. All parameters and other corals in the tank seem to be fine so I’m not sure what is going on with this. Could there be some kind of pest eating the Duncan? I don’t see anything so not sure. Should I frag it to get rid of the dead heads? although there are small heads growing all round the dead ones which still open. This first is a picture of it first thing this morning before any lights come on and the second is the tank with the lights on. 

09C4DFF2-5541-4B46-93F3-F7B993E42DB0.jpeg

4CDFCA21-B3E0-4B60-A7CA-05E03EEF9C2C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bigals-nano-1 said:

Over the last week or so my Duncan that has been thriving in the tank for about 7 months seems to be loosing heads. This coral started off with 3 heads and has grown to 20+. All parameters and other corals in the tank seem to be fine so I’m not sure what is going on with this. Could there be some kind of pest eating the Duncan? I don’t see anything so not sure. Should I frag it to get rid of the dead heads? although there are small heads growing all round the dead ones which still open. This first is a picture of it first thing this morning before any lights come on and the second is the tank with the lights on. 

09C4DFF2-5541-4B46-93F3-F7B993E42DB0.jpeg

4CDFCA21-B3E0-4B60-A7CA-05E03EEF9C2C.jpeg

Could it be getting attacked at night by one of the neighbors? Candy canes can have sweepers at night…… what is that orange one above and to the left?

• Like 1
Bigals-nano-1
59 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Could it be getting attacked at night by one of the neighbors? Candy canes can have sweepers at night…… what is that orange one above and to the left?

It could be but it seems to be on the opposite side from them and I haven’t seen anything at night. The orange corals to the left are just rhodactis mushrooms 

• Like 1