Coral Vue Hydros

Algae growing on leather

Xj reefing

I have a devils hand leather that has not been opening up much lately and it has started to grow brown algae on it. I have put it in a higher flow area to try and stop the algae building up but I am not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated 

are you sure it's not DINO

I'm in process of my 2nd DINO I'm getting rid of and I'm always blowing brown gunk with turkey baster off my corals in sandbed. 

3 hours ago, Jakesaw said:

are you sure it's not DINO

I'm in process of my 2nd DINO I'm getting rid of and I'm always blowing brown gunk with turkey baster off my corals in sandbed. 

I am pretty sure it isn’t Dino as I am not having any trouble with it currently. When I try to blow the algae of it does not work. 

1 hour ago, Murphs_Reef said:

Mine do this pretty often.. after a few days the leather with shed and all will be back to normal. 👍🏼

how often do they shed? I thought my leather shed a few weeks ago as it was shiny and that layer was peeling of. I will send some pictures of it in the morning.

Murphs_Reef

They will shed if they are moved or something around them changes generally. But it's a way to remove algae from their tissue as well. Mine tend to shed maybe every other month. But I have one toadstool that's done it twice this month for whatever reason. 

• Like 1