Coral Vue Hydros

Hello, new Fluval EVO 5 Owner

Pinballguy

Hi everyone, I just ordered a new Fluval EVO 5 and am slowly buying supplies and equipment ahead of setting up the tank. I'm not new to the hobby - I had a RedSea Max for about six years before I had to sell my whole system when we moved from Seattle to Texas in 2015. 

I'm taking it slow - both because I can't afford to buy everything at once, and also because I recall from past experience that going slow in this hobby is generally a good thing. So far I've only ordered the tank, a self-leveling mat for underneath, and a YukiHalu 50W submersible heater.

Next I'm going to get the InTank media rack (had great luck with them with the RedSea Max) and then need to procure my sand and rock (can't decide if I want to go live-rock or dry to start), along with a lengthy list of other supplies since I'm starting over.

I'll be asking lots of questions, and I look forward to getting to know this forum.

Pinballguy

• 1 month later...
Mame_Reefer

Got into the hobby around 2 weeks ago, got the same tank, come live rock from LFS and a bag of Caribsea sand off i go

904FD792-D7CE-441E-9C87-04E0F50487E6.jpeg

Edited by Mame_Reefer
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Mame_Reefer said:

Got into the hobby around 2 weeks ago, got the same tank, come live rock from LFS and a bag of Caribsea sand off i go

904FD792-D7CE-441E-9C87-04E0F50487E6.jpeg

Nice aquascape!

Love my Fluval V.  Been set up for almost six months now.   

looks good. Take it slow.  

Had some algae issues for a bit.  But everything is settled down now.  Running out of room for more coral.   Must resist a bigger tank. 

5FA48A7E-38D3-49D9-AB31-335F1EBABD4E.jpeg

EFFCEA4B-AFB0-45B0-8A3D-477044E704E3.jpeg

• Like 1