Top Shelf Aquatics

My new clowns (pic)

Drysocket

I picked these guys up today. They're supposedly tank-raised. My LFS had a huge annual blow-out sale. These guys were $13 each - normally $18.

I released them about an hour ago and they haven't been more than 3 inches from each other since. I'm hoping they'll take my giant hammer coral as a host.

Just thought I'd share my excitement.

Oddly, around here, the best price I find on TR Clowns is at PetCo. $14.99 regular price, but they're often on sale. But I've got one of those better PetCos, so I can't universally recommend buying fish from them.

Anyway, congrats on your new clowns. I don't think there's anything I enjoy more about SW tanks than watching a pair of clowns bond in a new tank. Cutest little critters.

If they're TR, though, I wouldn't hold my breath for the hammer. Only time my ocellaris ever touch my torch (extremely close relative to the hammer) is when the female goes into Dom mode and starts chasing and forcing the male to hide in every nook, cranny, and coral he can find.

Mine never bonded with anything. They seem to spend most of their quality time with the powerheads, though.

man i thought i was original when i named my clowns. mine are named bozo and krusty. i have a blue tang named poon too. his full name is poon tang.

Ours were originally to be named "Buffy" and "Angel." Appropriate, given the dominate female and all. But alas, while we were waiting for them to sort out which one owuld get to be Buffy, they got the nicknames of Halfy and Stripey, since Halfy has incomplete white stripes.

The nicknames stuck, there's no changin' 'em now.

• 3 weeks later...

my gf wants a pair of percula's...

I can get them TR for $12.99... I have one and hes doing great!

do they need anything special, like 2 seprate corals to attach to?

she wants a bubble, will tehy both be happy in it, or should she not even bother? tankw as setup yesterday with 8.5lbs LR and 8lbs LS and will be cycled in a few more days, just planning things out...

thanks, and what a cute couple!

Archived