SaltCritters.com

Ultra High Definition Microscope Camera + Apple = The Microbes (What's in your reef)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wanted to share as a hobbyist that what the naked eye cannot detect, you can really identify the microbes with a student microscope and some few editing techniques, now sit back and enjoy what I have the honor of sharing with my reefing community.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Ever wonder why your sanded is nasty brown?  Take a look at what is doing this to your reef!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Ever wonder what is found in one drop of pond water near your home?  Here is Florida the microbes are in the millions, careful you don't let your pets drink this water.  Watch closely as you see the microbe give birth at the end to a cluster of eggs.  I used bright field microscopy and then dark field microscopy to engage the microbe into feeling safe to give birth in the night.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Ever wonder what it's like to be a microbe and have to fear for your life that another doesn't find you and devour you into the night?  Here you see a hyrdra fearing for it's life as a nematode worm search for dinner.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 3/16/2022 at 1:04 AM, DevilDuck said:

Loving these microscope vids!

Thanks I love sharing and making them!