inTank Media Baskets

Giving up My Tank

rough eye

so i'm going to sell my tank and all its inhabitants. I just don't have the time to keep up with it and i get the feeling it's going to get worse. Evo 13 gallon with hydro koralia 240 head and homemade baskets in the back chambers.

livestock one each:

o. clown, 

tail spot blenny,

peppermint shrimp and

emerald crab.

also trumpet coral, magician and bam bam zoa, green toadstool, a few florida ricordea, colt coral and GSP. about 11 pounds live rock and some snails.

i'll post pics in the near future. want to sell to anyone local to central NJ  - not going to ship livestock, tank and water.

• Sad 5

Sorry, I hope you’re okay… I’ve been going through some tough and busy times lately myself these past few months and I’ve thought about getting rid of my tanks. We just took my kiddos freshwater fish to the LFS for rehoming today. Your tank is so nice, hopefully someone will really enjoy it and you can start a new tank when the time is right in the future. 

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
Snow_Phoenix
15 minutes ago, rough eye said:

ok so here's what i got - if anyone in or near central Jersey is interested, shoot me a message. 

ricordea.jpg

pep shrimp.jpg

magician.jpg

bambam.jpg

trumpet.jpg

stylo.jpg

colt.jpg

clown and blenny.jpg

clown2.jpg

blenny.jpg

Sorry to hear about this. But damn - if only you were living on this side of the world, I'd have grabbed the zoa/paly, shrimp, TSB and the softie. (Especially the TSB!)

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Sorry to hear about this. But damn - if only you were living on this side of the world, I'd have grabbed the zoa/paly, shrimp, TSB and the softie. (Especially the TSB!)

well then i'm sorry too. the clown and tail spot get along great. 

• Like 2

If you don't have any luck on here or on Reef2Reef, you might see if there are any non-chain pet shops near you that have saltwater fish. They might take 'em. If all else fails, there's Craigslist. 

Kudos for recognizing that everything needs to be rehomed. It's hard to make that decision, but it's the responsible thing to do where living animals are concerned. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Tired said:

If you don't have any luck on here or on Reef2Reef, you might see if there are any non-chain pet shops near you that have saltwater fish. They might take 'em. If all else fails, there's Craigslist. 

Kudos for recognizing that everything needs to be rehomed. It's hard to make that decision, but it's the responsible thing to do where living animals are concerned. 

there is a shop i might donate them to, where i have bought some of the stuff i have. reef2reef is kind of a bust, since you need to have 30 posts and be a member for 30 days before you can even give stuff away.

I'll be up in Monmouth County in a couple weekends from now. If you've still got it, I'd take the Emerald and Ricordeas. I'll PM you that dates I'll be up if you've got them and bring a cooler.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, jservedio said:

I'll be up in Monmouth County in a couple weekends from now. If you've still got it, I'd take the Emerald and Ricordeas. I'll PM you that dates I'll be up if you've got them and bring a cooler.

cool. let me know. emerald will probably be the hardest guy to get since he's always hiding so i'll hopefully have some other stuff gone by then so i can remove the rocks.

Emerald crab is newest member of my tank.  

i remember the guy @ LFS said no way he's using his hands to get it out of tank. The crabs were gripping mightily to the rocks in tank.  He said he's been pinched too many times. 

Have some tweezers ready to remove that guy from his rock or if you can get him scurrying across the sandbed

• Like 1

someone has inquired about taking everything. if they decide to take it i hope the forum members here can help them with advice on how to transport a tank about 40 miles without having anything die or get damaged.