Cultivated Reef

Is this doomed? (Anemone)

OilBeak

hey all. Through a series of unfortunate events I ended up needing to downsize and I inherited a little red BTA. I am now running a 15 gallon waterbox. 

the return pump is a sicce 0.5 

i have a koralia power head running for added flow.

im running an AI Prime 16

i recently picked up a eshopps nano skimmer but am having a hard time calibrating that at the moment. 
im doing weekly water changes and am more than willing to do hand feeding as much as necessary. 

The first few days after I put the BTA in it was quite stunning. Since then it moved deeper into a hole in the rock and only ever comes out to about 1/3 it’s full size. The clowns haven’t ever touched it.

I don’t have any water stats at the moment beyond that I’m keeping the tank at 1.024 salinity and 78 degrees.

I am a tad heavy on the bio load for the tank but am trying to be fastidious to make up for that. There are only mushroom corals taking up other rock space. 

I’ve had the anemone for two months now. I haven’t seen anything in the way of it looking like it’s dying beyond the behavior. I’ve been moving his rock around occasionally to see that he gets some light and to maybe coax him out of the deep hole. 

it’s not the best pic and he was a bit extra upset at me so sorry about that. I appreciate any help I can get. I also added the image from when it was first added to the tank.

25F88CF5-19B0-4AEE-9040-0F9132A16603.jpeg

B92B92A6-6636-48F5-9211-F8B03602D95E.jpeg

Edited by OilBeak
Added a bit of info and an image

Stop moving the rock around and let it be. It will move to find a spot it where it likes the flow and light.

I would raise your salinity slightly to be closer to 1.025-1.026. Do it slowly via your regular water changes. 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Stop moving the rock around and let it be. It will move to find a spot it where it likes the flow and light.

I would raise your salinity slightly to be closer to 1.025-1.026. Do it slowly via your regular water changes. 

This.

plus they’re temperamental little jerks. One day it’ll probably be in the right spot and look amazing. Right now just don’t change too much too fast. 

• Like 1