Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jebao Wave Maker (SLW-10) REVIEWS

ryans.salty.crew

ryans.salty.crew

Hello,

I currently have a Nuvo 10g tank and am looking for a little extra flow. Has anyone used a Jebao SLW-10? Or if you have any other suggestions from personal experience. Trying to keep my budget somewhere below $100. 

carnationcrab

I have a jebao wavemaker that had been going strong for 4 years before I took it down. Trying to modify it to work in my new tank now because it served me so well. I recommend it!

• Like 1
ryans.salty.crew
2 hours ago, carnationcrab said:

I have a jebao wavemaker that had been going strong for 4 years before I took it down. Trying to modify it to work in my new tank now because it served me so well. I recommend it!

That's good to hear from someone who has been using it for years. What size tank do you have, with what model wavemaker? 

I'm wondering if I should get the SLW-10 or SLW-5. I'm worried the 10 might be to strong for my 10g even on the lowest setting.

I have a SLW10 in my waterbox 15G peninsula and its not enough. I have it turned the power all the way up and use Elsa mode. I would want to run at max strength all the time but honestly I am afraid that it might die.

So I have ordered a SLW20 and I will be running both.

I have also noticed that when i switched from tune nanostream 6045 to jeabo, my water temperature has increased by a 1 degree celcius. I use night mode and it goes down back by a degree at night time.

Also tune nano stream moved a lot more water on the lowest setting in comparison to slw10 on its highest. even though jebao should be a lot more powerful with its output.

I am not sure though if tunze is underestimating their output or jebao is overestimating.
Jebao is very silent pump and having a controller is super handy,

• Like 2
16 hours ago, 10g4Me said:

I'm wondering if I should get the SLW-10 or SLW-5. I'm worried the 10 might be to strong for my 10g even on the lowest setting.

I’m running an SLW-10 on my 3.5G pico on the lowest setting and it’s working out just fine. 

Previous to that I ran it on a 20G where I felt it wasn’t enough so I think it would be perfect for a 10G. 

• Like 1