Top Shelf Aquatics

50 lagoon ext return pump

Fant

Varios 2 or varios 4? Looking to stick with either of these two pumps. I'm planning to have the hydros platform on this tank. Going to use two octopulse 2 wave makers. And then get the hydros wave engine. Sticking with the varios return pumps this would allow direct drive from the wave engine and eliminate 3 plugs/controllers from the system.  Any thoughts or experiences with this route. It seems these days people are going lower/slower on the return pump. But then back in the day we tried to get more in tank flow from the return. All we had then was maxi jets to add in take flow.

Don't think I need the return to do much more then just get the water back from the sump.. no plans for manifolds or media reactors.

My only concern is noise.. thinking the 4 at a lower power might be quieter then the 2 at full..

Thanks.. enjoy your weekend.

I'm running around 800gph (around the max of the 2) in my 30g ext, it has the same 2x 1" drain setup as the 50g. Depending on complexity of your plumbing head height might also be an issue, so i'd say get the bigger one if you can and just turn it down.