SaltCritters.com

My First tank

costanzo

Hello everybody

they gave me a marine aquarium of the agp aquariums a 30x40x30h of 36 liters.
I put in 3 kg of rocks
The tank is equipped with a small rear sump with skimmer, pump and heater.
Lighting: 25,000 ° K 20 watts
A movement pump: Hydor Koralia EVO Nano 900.
The tank has been active for about 30 days and the current values are as follows:

1025 density
KH = 10
P04 = 0.43
Mg 1250
Ca 420
NO3- = 1

If possible I would need some help
- on the x values to understand how to behave
- as for the light on how to set it correctly, on the preset programs I don't know which one to choose.
- possibly what I could raise, I anticipate that I will not insert any fish in such a small tank.

A thousand thanks

temp-File-For-Share-20220219-105652-min.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to nano-reef 😉.

5 hours ago, costanzo said:

- as for the light on how to set it correctly, on the preset programs I don't know which one to choose.

Your light is a freshwater light. A 25,000 ° K light will stimulate the growth of algae and not the growth of corals. Coral that do well under white light are high light corals since they must live near the surface. Low light corals live at a lower depth. The light they need is blue since all the other colours of the spectrum will be absorbed by the water.
I have a kessil A80 Tuna Blue (15 watt) on my 27l cube. It is good enough for all low light coral in a small tank and even some medium/high light coral near the top of the water surface. 
 (confused 25000k and 65000k 😑)

For the preset programs you should look at the internet about light schedule in reef tank. Its generally 6~8h at your desired peak intensity.

You can also go for a 10~12h light ramp up and down with a 5~6h peak intensity .

5 hours ago, costanzo said:

- on the x values to understand how to behave
- possibly what I could raise, I anticipate that I will not insert any fish in such a small tank.

Nothing to say about your parameter. A 10~20% water change will be enough to fulfil your corals need until you start to have big coral colonies.

Don't forget to add RoDi/distilled water to counteract water evaporation (this will influence your salinity). You can look at gravity ATO or automatique ATO system.

For coral, just look at beginner corals on google. They are generally low light corals.

For examples of reef tank of similar size, you should look at the featured reef aquarium:

https://www.nano-reef.com/featured/

In your tank dimension, you could have a clown or 1~2 very small goby (see the following guide for more precision)

Edited by M. Tournesol
oops, my bad.
  • Like 2

I'm nice but I'm quite confused because light temperature is not usually considered in reef keeping.

Light kelvin or black body radiation seems to be a complicate unity. Two light with the same k, can have a different spectrum distribution.

In reef keeping, we tend to look at the spectrum and wattage of a led.

Since your light does seems very white for a reef tank, could you give us its brand to see if it is or not a fresh water light?