ReefCleaners.org

biocube 16 leaking at base.

scotts521

Hey everyone,

I'm a beginner here and I just noticed that my biocube was leaking around the base of my tank. I'm not sure how to handle this. I have some silicone to help but not sure how to fix a leak I can't see without draining my tank. Any help is appreciated! 

I don't believe there's any answer that doesn't involve you draining the tank unfortunately. As far as I know there's no way to fix the silicone when full.

I think your two options are to go buy a similar sized cheap rectangle aquarium (enough to hold your current setup) from a big store and a hang on back filter and make it work while you reseal the old tank and let the silicone dry.

The other option is to get a new tank if you can and do an upgrade.

Personally, I don't mess with resealing tanks. I would get a new one and sell the old one as it needs repair. Some people are totally fine with resealing tanks. It's just a personal choice.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, JachPot said:

I don't believe there's any answer that doesn't involve you draining the tank unfortunately.

Agreed.  Reach out to Coralife as well.  If you are the original owner, or even if you aren't, they may be able to help with some warranty service via a replacement.