ReefCleaners.org

Kraken lid for the Evo?

Gbpacman

I got a kraken. Stock hood was causing temp to swing well above 80. I'm happy with the kraken, but it isn't cheap and of you decide later that more/different cutouts would be better.. oops.

I'm definitely not the person to answer this. Don't even know what those are. I don't think it would be hard to make more cutouts if you have any handyman skills, as it's just acrylic.

Someone here must have done this before!

I just bought a screen kit from HomeDepot and some larger mesh from local LFS and put together my own screen for under $30.    I was able to 3d print some holders for the screen but shops like BRS sell aquarium lid holders for cheap.  Waaay cheaper than top like Kraken.

chasingcorals17

I had made a hood out of acrylic. The light can come through, reduce evaporation, and gives way for customization of holes and shapes. Be sure to buy the acrylic knife to cut. I found the jigsaw cracked the piece. Cost me $25 in total

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the reply's. I ordered one from Kraken and am just waiting for it to come in. Will be another 1-3 weeks but no biggie. Just updated my light to an AI Prime as well and am loving the change from stock. Will post a pic once the new lid comes in. Profile pic has update with new light.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...