Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20 Gallon AIO: 5 fish?

chasingcorals17

chasingcorals17

I'm constructing a custom 20 gallon tank with an AIO portion to keep everything in one place. Essentially like a Fluval Evo 13.5, just expanded to 20 gallons. Can a 20 gallon long house 5 fish? I am moving over 2 ocellaris and a yellow watchman goby from the 13 gallon and want to add a Royal Gramma and Firefish Goby. I've heard 3 fish per 10 gallons so this should work?

I do weekly water changes and feed just enough, nothing heavy. 

Corals are softies and LPS, with the exception of 3 stylophora colonies which have been doing well. 

I think the royal gramma is pushing it. The two clowns could get territorial with the other fish, just be prepared for that. It doable with the right fish and aquascape.

• Like 3

I tried to do 5 fish in my 20 gallon innovative marine tank and the two clown fish i had bullied one of my cardinal fish to death one day when i was at work and now i have just 4 fish in there two clown fish a neon dotty back and a yellow tail damsel. the clownfish try and catch the yellow tail damsel but the only reason why its still alive is because it is to fast for the clownfish to catch if you can stick to 4 or less fish if possible. 

• Like 2

You need to think about territories. You can definitely have 5 fish, but they need to have specific territories. Think, bottom dweller, cave dwellers, open water swimmer, rock perchers. They can’t all occupy the same spaces. 

• Like 1