Top Shelf Aquatics

Added my first coral.

EarleD

Well my tank is cycled. It’s been a month.  Time for a coral. 

my local reef shop sells nice sized plugs of gsp for $10.  Went with the easiest to keep.  Put in on the sand next to its own rock.  Waiting for it to open up.  

Show me some growth.  Hope to be giving it e away soon 

image.jpg

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

They like some nutrients (phosphate and nitrate) in the water.

Yep agree.  The good thing is they won't die while you figure that out.  They just won't extend polyps until they have nutrients they like.   When polyps come out daily and are out all day when light is on water is in a decent nutrient range to grow coral

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are hardy.  So I have that.  Ill have the shop test for phosphate and nitrates.  I had nitrates last week.  Gonna give them a day or so and see what happens 

• Like 1

Ok. Something strange happened.  I walked by the tank and turbo snail was one top of the highest rock and let out a milky liquid. Not much. Maybe a 1/4 teaspoon. 

is this related to eggs?

50 minutes ago, EarleD said:

Ok. Something strange happened.  I walked by the tank and turbo snail was one top of the highest rock and let out a milky liquid. Not much. Maybe a 1/4 teaspoon. 

is this related to eggs?

Sounds like a spawning

Ok. The gsp opened up for the most part.  Picked up a Duncan coral.  Lfs said it would do fine. Gotta love his $10 frag tank. 😁

added a better pump for water movement.   Gonna sit back now and enjoy it for a week or 2.  

I think I found a limpet.  It’s riding on the snails shell 

0121A0F6-552B-4989-B4FE-5FCE7BB4DD79.jpeg

BEB7DFF7-9C4E-4B3D-9438-5437062B3109.jpeg

• Like 3

Returned the “better” pump.  Looked silly in such a small tank.  Was blowing the sand all over the place.  

Just gonna stick with the extra stock pump for extra flow. gotta remember it’s a nano tank. 😛

• Like 2