Top Shelf Aquatics

40b stocking ideas

Bldgengineer

I currently have 2 clowns and I’m looking to get my next fish next weekend. I’d like to keep a fairly peaceful tank so tank stocking ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Pink Streaked or Possum wrasse are great, fangblennies have great personalities and are very active, along the same vein so are fairy or carpenter wrasse, rock-dwelling blennies like molly miller or tail spots are also pretty popular (some might nip at corals), cardinalfish are peaceful but can be a bit boring, dartfish and gudgeons are interesting too.

• Like 3

Something like a hector's goby or rainford's goby look nice and tend to be out and about.  I'm a big fan of sharknose gobies and similar as they will come over to meet (clean) you, but they are small.  Firefish can be fun but any kind of group may be tricky in that size that don't eventually war with each other - maybe barred dartifish if you can find them around.

With that size, even a smaller fairy wrasse could be an option (and I don't think any of them sleep in the sand) - but definitely have a top.

• Like 3