Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new fish?

fishy man

I recently got into nano tanks and bought a 13 gallon I've had it for about a month and a half and I am thinking adding in some new fish currently the only animals in it are 2 clownfish and a shrimp any suggestions on a new fish?

33 minutes ago, fishy man said:

I recently got into nano tanks and bought a 13 gallon I've had it for about a month and a half and I am thinking adding in some new fish currently the only animals in it are 2 clownfish and a shrimp any suggestions on a new fish?

I really like my Talbot's damsel.  Have it in 10 gallon with Medium sized clownfish.  It's a smallish fish when full grown and the most peaceful of Damsels.  It's hardy and beginner friendly

It's a curious fish and active swimmer.  It'll spend all day swimming in and out or rockwork and corals.  Will explore the entire tank and fast enough to escape a clownfish attack wants it's defending territory.  

My only gripe but it's more funny that annoying is the fish has dug up sand around my Rock so it has areas to dart into for safety. I had to get a frag plug holder for sandbed b/c he kept knocking over my frag plugs in sand.  

I'm thinking about looking for a yellow clownfish to add to my tank.

40 minutes ago, fishy man said:

Your tank is already overstocked with two clowns.  No more fish until you get a bigger tank.  👍

Out of curiosity is it actually 13 useful gallons or is it an "AIO" tank where part of the space is sectioned off from the livestock?

• Like 1