Coral Vue Hydros

Question about Radion xr15 Blue

johnnyvega252

johnnyvega252

Just got mine in the mail and when I opened it the top black portion has lots of micro scratches… Is this normal? I would expect better quality control, but anyhow this is supposed to be “the” light to use. Wish me luck ceiling mounting this lol.

Looking at my pro version of the same light which I have over my 18-gallon tank, looks like there are a few micro-scratches, but nothing that was obvious enough for me to notice when I unboxed it.  I would expect the acrylic would get some abrasion if the box got shook a lot enroute to your house.  Either way, I think you'll be happy with it.  I've never had as good of color from my corals as I have under this light.  I just used the BRS suggested settings for tanks in my tank size range and stocking list.  I have the xr30 pro over my 40 breeder and that does great as well.

johnnyvega252
20 hours ago, empresto said:

Looking at my pro version of the same light which I have over my 18-gallon tank, looks like there are a few micro-scratches, but nothing that was obvious enough for me to notice when I unboxed it.  I would expect the acrylic would get some abrasion if the box got shook a lot enroute to your house.  Either way, I think you'll be happy with it.  I've never had as good of color from my corals as I have under this light.  I just used the BRS suggested settings for tanks in my tank size range and stocking list.  I have the xr30 pro over my 40 breeder and that does great as well.

Thank you so much for your response so far I am trying to get used to the Mobius app! I don't mind it at all looks pretty good once its hung haha! What settings do you recommend?