Top Shelf Aquatics

1st Post of Nano Cube Pics

tvu

This is my tank. It's been running for about 3 months. I've also been using it as a frag tank. I should be clearing some of the frags soon to make it cleaner looking. I'd also like to add do some surface skimming without doing the teeth route.

Mods:

-------

added 24w PC (48w total now, both ballast in hood)

added 1 fan

added 6 1w moonlights

Took out sponges put LR rubble and Chaeto in back

Thanks all!

I don't have the DX model(it wasn't out at the time.. wish it were). I added another 24w JBJ ballast and bulb. Both my ballast are installed in the hood but I have no heat problems with my single fan. The tank maintains 77-78 degrees. I modelled mine after another nano-reefer here.

I dose 1/2 cap of Seachem reefplus and 1/2 cap of Kent coral-vite once a week. The xenias seem to love the stuff and pulse like crazy when supplements are added.

Actually that's not white at all but yellow. It's a yellow leather that I had just got the day I took the picture. It's a real nice yellow color under the lights. I've been looking for one for a couple of weeks now. I can't wait to frag/propogate it

I'll post another picture I took yesterday which will be much clearer when I get home from work.

Here's my current livestock:

6 line wrasse

firefish

5 astrea snails

2 tiny emerald crabs

bubble bee snail

2 red legged hermits

5 blue legged hermits (super tiny)

1 peppermint shrimp in the back compartment(don't know how he got there - used to be in tank up front)

The firefish is extremely shy though and is hardly out. The bumble bee snail I also hardly ever see.

I'm gonna get a couple of nassarius snails tonight to work on the sandbed and hopefully some sort of shrimp some time in the future.

Better Picture.

Updates:

Removed 2 of the Astrea snails

Put in 10 nassarius snails (super tiny)

Put in 5 netrite snails (1/2 size of Astreas)

Siphoned the sand and did water change

702.jpg

The nassarius snails(1/5 size of Astrea snails) immediately dug themselves in the sand and hopefully they'll keep it stirred.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey tvu!! AWSOME!!! I have the same cube and wanted to upgrade the lighting on it. Itook the hood apart the other day but I courldn't seem to figure out how to do it without damaging the reflector. can you healp me out ??

Archived