inTank Media Baskets

Can a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair fit in my 20G?

Rowena

Hi, Im considering a goby & shrimp pair for my 20G. Sandbed is abt half an inch deep with a plate coral and a toadstool coral on it and I feel I might have enough open space for a pistol shrimp. I have some open sandbed under the arch in the middle and to the right. 

I have 2 clownfish and a few snails (nassarius, trochus and turbo) and have no plan for other fish. I also have a burnt sausage sea cucumber (added last saturday and still hanging on the rock……..). Other than these I might add a tuxedo sea urchin and rest will just be corals. 

Is my tank ok for a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair? any risk to them or my other CUCs if added? Thanks

1B30F00E-8348-4AFA-BFB9-26351FF8AD0F.jpeg

A2D06AB3-F150-46EB-9DD3-05BEADACAE2B.jpeg

6C58E355-06C1-45AD-94F2-3E8FF7C1E2A2.jpeg

Kindanewtothis

I have a pistol shrimp and it leaved the CUC alone. Your sand is gonna be moved a lot. Anything on the sand will be in the pistol shrimp territory.

I used to have it in a 10g so your tank should do. I'm no expert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
filefishfinatic
5 hours ago, Rowena said:

Hi, Im considering a goby & shrimp pair for my 20G. Sandbed is abt half an inch deep with a plate coral and a toadstool coral on it and I feel I might have enough open space for a pistol shrimp. I have some open sandbed under the arch in the middle and to the right. 

I have 2 clownfish and a few snails (nassarius, trochus and turbo) and have no plan for other fish. I also have a burnt sausage sea cucumber (added last saturday and still hanging on the rock……..). Other than these I might add a tuxedo sea urchin and rest will just be corals. 

Is my tank ok for a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair? any risk to them or my other CUCs if added? Thanks

1B30F00E-8348-4AFA-BFB9-26351FF8AD0F.jpeg

A2D06AB3-F150-46EB-9DD3-05BEADACAE2B.jpeg

6C58E355-06C1-45AD-94F2-3E8FF7C1E2A2.jpeg

yes you are fine you could have 5 fish in there 0 problem 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

You should be fine adding the shrimp in your tank. As stated above corals on the sand may be at risk. I have a 20L and I am hoping to find a candy cane pistol shrimp for my YWG after the holidays. I have had one before it constantly moved the sand around. Kept the sand clean but covered anything on the sand. I placed coral on an inch or two of rock. Just enough to lift it up. I did not have any plate coral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1