Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tinitanks 4 Gallon Reef

mschreff1144

Well it has been awhile since my last tank thread but better late than never. Lots of life changes in the last couple years hasn't left much time for documenting my reefing adventures as much as I would like. The wife and I recently moved from our home in CA and now reside in South Florida. I'm very fortunate to be able to work fully remote now, so I've had a bit more time to develop some side projects I've had on the back burner for the last couple years. This tank thread shows one of those projects that I finally had a chance to follow through with. This is a setup that I developed myself and has seen many variations but I finally found a balance of simplicity and functionality that I was happy with. These setups are hand crafted/built and designed by myself in my spare time so please excuse the lack of precision on some pieces. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on laser cutter soon which would give me little more precision on some of the more detailed pieces.

This is my personal 4 gallon setup that resides on my work desk. Even though I'm only 28 I've been in the hobby since I was 7 years old and I still find it truly amazing at how amazing it is that technology has enabled the hobby to progress so much over those 20 years.

Tank is 4 gallons and the sump holds about 1 gallon when running.

Custom 12 inch T5 Led Hybrid I built a few months back (30 watts of led power and 2 12 inch T5s) I sourced 12 inch blue bulbs that are very close to the spectrum of ATI blue plus and other blue spectrum bulbs on the market (This light is awesome but I actually put a less powerful light on the setup because I'm going to use the T5 hybrid light for my new sps setup)

Current light is also custom just half the led array that the hybrid light pictured runs.

Everything in these tanks run off a single 6 amp 12 volt power supply so it makes wiring very simple and only requires on plug.

Pump is a 400 L/H DC pump

Filtration is good ole Seachem Matrix and filter floss

ATO is XP aqua

Dosing is Kalkwasser through ATO

Maintenance is 1 gallon water change twice a month

The smaller tanks aren't for everyone but I sure do enjoy theses things!

Hope you all enjoy reading as this setup matures. Currently sits at 3 months old and is really starting to finds its stride.IMG_6171.jpg.2e78fa0fb7fb2d523929f4f4639ddefb.jpg

TIMG_6059.jpg.2fac4eeb7de789d82069fa7c8338a1c5.jpgIMG_6051.jpg.11216ce42ba7c066fca97f540471b5b8.jpgIMG_6171.jpg.2e78fa0fb7fb2d523929f4f4639ddefb.jpgIMG_5950.jpg.58601ba5e21ea037a929ad86578c3f0e.jpgIMG_5965.jpg.b79690df035596e66db3aa2fc87f8e6c.jpgIMG_6068.jpg.ff135623c59e040f4de936e6723ffaf0.jpgIMG_6067.jpg.0d773f88134c0f726834b0b43dadcbe7.jpgIMG_5959.jpg.87c4ac9398b03811262bb68200118b5c.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

65621001613__B3C7970A-5BCF-4B3A-B7FE-545A6C7D550E.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 3

Wow that's a bunch of goniopora isn't it?

Sorry I'm a noob I don't know much.  

How did you cycle tank, what sort of rock did you use etc?

How long have the corals been in there?

Do you have any pictures when they first were placed in the tank?  

what is that brand of tank, google doesn't give me much when I search for tinitank, do you have a link to the tank/sump?

Did you put everything in there all at once?

Is that clowfish still in there too?

15 minutes ago, fenderchamp said:

Wow that's a bunch of goniopora isn't it?

Yea I really wanted to do a goniapora specific tank.

Sorry I'm a noob I don't know much.  

How did you cycle tank, what sort of rock did you use etc?

Using real reef rock and seachem matrix media with Fritz turbo start.

How long have the corals been in there?

for about two and half months now.

Do you have any pictures when they first were placed in the tank?  

I do not but they have grown a decent amount in the last month. Really starting to fill in like I was hoping.

what is that brand of tank, google doesn't give me much when I search for tinitank, do you have a link to the tank/sump?

Tinitanks is my own brand of tanks. I build them in small numbers but you can check out tinitanks on instagram.

Did you put everything in there all at once?

Once it was cycled I started loading it up (2 weeks in). I wouldn't recommend that necessarily. This tank sits right next to me all day so I can see how everything is doing.

Is that clowfish still in there too?

No the clownfish would have stayed but he kept hosting the Gonis and I didn't want that. He now resides in my sps tank which I will be starting a thread for soon!

• Like 1