Coral Vue Hydros

My expirience with Tomiyamichthys oni and Priolepis cincta

Satsujin

Hey

Just here to share my experience keeping these two species of gobies. I currently have 2 Tomiyamichthys oni (T. oni) and 3 Priolepis cincta (P. cincta) in a 10 gal quarantine and they have been with me for 2 weeks now.

The T. oni are about 1.75 inch in lenght with a thickness that is close to your typical dixon hb2 pencil. I believe that the 2 specimens I have are either a pair or they are very peaceful shrimp gobies that do not mind sharing burrows with conspecifics. They are fairly aggressive feeders and not afraid to go into the water column to snatch food. I haven't had any issues getting them to eat frozen foods. I have been feeding them frozen mysis and fish eggs. I will be trying calanus and the reef plankton from SF bay, I suspect they will eat those just fine. I have also witness them do a little dance when food comes in the tank. They will flick open their dorsal fin 2-3 times in quick repetition, almost like a dog wagging their tail. Mine are currently sharing multiple burrows from different pistol shrimps, mostly tiger shrimps and one candy cane shrimp. Their coloration aren't something that screams wow, they are very similar to a mottled jawfish in term of coloration and pattern.

The P. cincta are about an inch long, and deeper bodied. These do not seem to really like the company of each other. They all have their own spot in the tank. And they love overhangs. If given the chance they will perch upside down. It seems to be their preffered way to rest. They also ate frozen food readily without any issues. There is one thing that I have noticed and hope that it is just because I do not have that many darker colored cover. While they came in with a nice yellow, they are currently more washed out and transparent. I plan to add gray pvc fittings to see if that changes anything. I would not say that these are the most active fish, they do prefer to stay perched.

That's pretty much my experience with them. If you have kept them before share your experience!

20211126_180728.jpg

20211126_180723.jpg

20211127_130657.jpg

20211126_181219.jpg

16386764831146948859742450559101.jpg

• Like 3