Cultivated Reef

Some of my ricordea

FishingInMyNano

FishingInMyNano

thanks guys. got most of these rics over a 2 year span from different LFS. I have fragged them numerous times, and they just keep growing. Ricordeas are still one of my favorites

Heres a pic of my purple/violet yuma

How often does your rics split? Or do you just frag them to speed the prosess. I just can not for the life of me find any well colored rics in my area, I guess I will have to suck it up and order on-line. Dave:)

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by mccorkell

How often does your rics split?  Or do you just frag them to speed the prosess.  I just can not for the life of me find any well colored rics in my area, I guess I will have to suck it up and order on-line.  Dave:)

I let some naturally split, and some I frag. I usually wait till they have grown a seperate mouth, and then Ill frag. I feed my rics about once a week, and they seem to grow mouths faster.

Its rare to see them at our LFS too, online is probably the best way. I highly recommend blowfish aquatics, but its kinda pricy just for 9 rics.

well, let's turn this into the "share your ricordia" thread....

here's a close-up of one of mine... a bright green.

481731macro_ric.jpg

here's a different kind of green, slightly purple. you can see a baby ric growing of the left side of this one, and that one is almost entirely purple now.

481727greenric.jpg

here's another type of green, with a dark purple background.

481721prpl_grn_ric.jpg

and last, this one is very similar to your orange and purple rics....

481713orng_ric.jpg

i plan on having an all-ricordea style substrate, eventually......

Aww man I have to have some ric's now, dude they are nice looking. Hey fishinginmynano, what store did you go and get those ric's at? You have an address. Im familiar with the area.

Archived