inTank Media Baskets

Mounting BRS reactor to frame of IM APS stand?

TheKleinReef

I doubt that drilling a couple of holes in the frame would compromise its integrity.  Is it a T-slot frame?  If so, you should be able to attach it using T-nuts (or at least attach a bracket for the reactor).

11 minutes ago, seabass said:

I doubt that drilling a couple of holes in the frame would compromise its integrity.  Is it a T-slot frame?  If so, you should be able to attach it using T-nuts (or at least attach a bracket for the reactor).

The surface I would be attaching it to is a flat surface. 

504AD1A9-6BBB-4F12-B8F6-D20DB6DD9941.jpeg

It won't effect the holding weight of the stand but pretty sure they use some weird cheap pvc? or something? for the sides? I remember it being shiny on the outside and not really wood. So I am not sure how it would take screws and hold up. 

Edit: found it - 

• Includes pre-cut Closed Cell PVC Foam boards
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

It won't effect the holding weight of the stand but pretty sure they use some weird cheap pvc? or something? for the sides? I remember it being shiny on the outside and not really wood. So I am not sure how it would take screws and hold up. 

Edit: found it - 

• Includes pre-cut Closed Cell PVC Foam boards

Ohhh no. I think that’s just the wall. I won’t be attaching to that. It would be the frame that the wall piece slid into. It’s the piece of aluminum that has those two silver bolts in. 

Just now, TheKleinReef said:

Ohhh no. I think that’s just the wall. I won’t be attaching to that. It would be the frame that the wall piece slid into. It’s the piece of aluminum that has those two silver bolts in. 

If it is the aluminum.. It should be okay. Maybe self tapping screws? 

• Like 2

You should be alright.  Are you drilling all the way through and using nuts and bolts, or wanting to use screws like Tamberav suggested?  I think it would work either way, as we aren't dealing with a ton of weight.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, seabass said:

You should be alright.  Are you drilling all the way through and using nuts and bolts, or wanting to use screws like Tamberav suggested?  I think it would work either way, as we aren't dealing with a ton of weight.

I think I would do a nut and bolt so I don’t have to worry about tapping and stripping 

• Like 1