ReefCleaners.org

Hydor's acquisition by Ferplast

Archon

Hello,

I am creating this thread as I have noticed that Hydor was acquired by Ferplast and it was discussed in the below thread. Also @mcarroll suggested that this should be a thread of its own.

In Hydor's website you can see a confirmation of the above: https://www.hydor.com/en/our-branches/

I have tried emailing them at info@hydor.com and info@ferplast.com but no reply has been received yet. Actually the email address info@hydor.com is not available anymore.

Is there any rep in this forum or anyone who knows if/how can we order spare parts for Hydor wavemakers and in general, what happens with Hydor customers regarding product support?

1 hour ago, Archon said:

Hello,

I am creating this thread as I have noticed that Hydor was acquired by Ferplast and it was discussed in the below thread. Also @mcarroll suggested that this should be a thread of its own.

In Hydor's website you can see a confirmation of the above: https://www.hydor.com/en/our-branches/

I have tried emailing them at info@hydor.com and info@ferplast.com but no reply has been received yet. Actually the email address info@hydor.com is not available anymore.

Is there any rep in this forum or anyone who knows if/how can we order spare parts for Hydor wavemakers and in general, what happens with Hydor customers regarding product support?

You may have better luck looking around local reefing and freshwater community. Everybody seems to have started with a few of these and usually have one for sale when they clean out their fish closets. I still have my first korallia that I used for mixing new saltwater. Keep in mind, parts replacement (out of warranty) plus shipping/handling may cost as much as 25-30% of a brand new unit.  If you really enjoy the pump, you can buy a new one and decommission the existing one for useable parts. and that might be the better return on your money.   

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Archon said:

Hello,

I guess we have to take heart from the message on their site (emphasis mine):

Dear customer
we are pleased to inform you that we have joined Ferplast Spa,
an important multinational company operating in the pet comfort sector.
At this moment all the operations necessary for the restart are in progress,
and soon Hydor products will be available again at the most qualified dealers.

We apologize, we are unable to follow up on your request.
Thanks for your understanding.