Pod Your Reef

Micro critter

Kitecop

Can anyone ID this? Its at 40x but visible to the naked eye. I had a zoa eating nudi outbreak and took all my zoas out a week ago. They are in a separate tank getting dipped every few days. I noticed 2 of these on one of my palythoas still in the tank. Looks like its eating algea and trash so hoping its not bad.

547AE6DE-E346-469C-B0F1-200734F0FF71.jpeg

Can you get a picture with more of it in focus? If it's a nudi, it almost looks like it's doing a flip and the lower part is out of focus - some of the appendages certainly resemble cerata, but it's tough to tell if it's in a twisted shape overall.

If you had a recent outbreak, it would stand to reason that the ones in the tank haven't starved, and especially if they're on palys I would expect them to be the same.  Now I don't know if they can eat the palys, but they certainly could or it certainly could be a misidentification since they look similar - I would pull any palys for dip and isolation like zoas for such a treatment.

1 hour ago, DaJMasta said:

Can you get a picture with more of it in focus? If it's a nudi, it almost looks like it's doing a flip and the lower part is out of focus - some of the appendages certainly resemble cerata, but it's tough to tell if it's in a twisted shape overall.

If you had a recent outbreak, it would stand to reason that the ones in the tank haven't starved, and especially if they're on palys I would expect them to be the same.  Now I don't know if they can eat the palys, but they certainly could or it certainly could be a misidentification since they look similar - I would pull any palys for dip and isolation like zoas for such a treatment.

that is a screen shot from a video i have of it where you can see it quite well but i can’t load videos here. It has a slug type foot. Very shallow depth of field on the microscope

7336CD26-5E72-44D5-A250-B67F179AB027.png