inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon

Lambosp

Hey everyone! I've just started my first saltwater tank about a month ago and the cycle has just come to an end. That being said I have an idea of what I want to stock my tank with but still have some questions. 

Setup is, Using Dry rock, Intank media basket for chamber 1 and 2, Jebao SOW-3 wave pump, Al Prime 16 Hd light, Ehim compactOn 1000 return pump, AutoAqua ATO, Cobalt Aquatics 100 watt heater, then a wave maker for the tip on the return pump.

(1)Stock List: 2 clowns, 1 Diamond watchman Goby, 1 dotty back (is what I would like to get to eventually and was wondering if its possible (obviously with a lot of work going into it which I don't have an issue doing.)

(2) Second question being can I buy some coral when I buy my first pair of clowns (which I was intending on adding first) or should I wait to add coral till I can get coralline algae to grow on my Dry Rock.

(3)what would also be the best CUC to had to this tank and roughly how many should I add(no algae in tank haven't had my lights on while it was cycling)

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

The goby you want is too big for your tank. It also is a sand sifter so a lot of its food source will be from the sand.

It needs a far bigger tank and preferably a refugium.

It doesn't do well in a nano tank.

Dottybacks are pretty but can be very aggressive. The one that isn't as aggressive is the orchid.

That being said, in a 13.5 which after all the rocks isn't 13.5g, 2 clowns and maybe a small goby/blenny like a clown goby or tailspot blenny would be the max for fish.

Clowns get very territorial as they pair off and age. 

As for cuc, this should be added as needed so until there is algae i would wait.

You can start with a couple nassarius after adding fish because they help the sand bed.

You don't have to wait for coralline algae for corals. That can be a long time as it needs to be introduced into the tank.

So if you are adding 2 fish, you could add a coral.

1 hour ago, Lambosp said:

Okay thank you! As for the rock should I take some out or you think its okay?

How much did you use?  Its personal taste as well.

I personally like less so i can fit more corals. 

14 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

How much did you use?  Its personal taste as well.

I personally like less so i can fit more corals. 

I used ~8 lbs. I want to be able to add a good amount of coral, so i guess to re word my question, In order to do that should I take some rock out?