Coral Vue Hydros

Cycling pico tank

Hud

I am going to be cycling a fowlr pico tank and I am going to be putting sand and rock in it from an estabilished tank Would that cycle it or do I need to add ammonia and bacteria to it

3 minutes ago, Hud said:

So I just add some sand and rock and wait a day and it’s cycled 

Used sand may cause more problems than you want.

Using rock from an established tank is great and shouldn't cause a cycle unless you leave them out of water.

The sand on the other hand, most would recommend take only a cup or 2 and seed new sand with it.

Old disturbed sand releases a lot of nasty stuff.

• Like 3

I have one more question it’s a 2.5 gallon aqueon tank if I got a small tiny goby is that filtration good enough for it I also have a small sponge filter in it I know what your going to say that’s to small. But I will put it in my 20 gallon once it starts to grow or get stressed all I won’t to know is if the filtration is good enough

Yeah I like them to I have one in my 20 gal I but I don’t have the money right now to buy a 50 dollar shrimp but I think I’ll get a small fish and a couple hermit crabs thank you again 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Hud said:

Yeah I like them to I have one in my 20 gal I but I don’t have the money right now to buy a 50 dollar shrimp but I think I’ll get a small fish and a couple hermit crabs thank you again 

The price of shrimp is riduculous now. I remember when they were $10

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Murphych said:

Wow $50 is around £35... That's expensive. I pay around £10 for a shrimp and £1 for snails, some of you guys have it so expensive.. I feel for you man. 

10 dollars for a cleaner shrimp dang that’s crazy 

2 hours ago, Hud said:

Um also do you need a special light for macro algae like can you use any freshwater light led

Needs to be strong enough to grow plants but yes you can generally use any full spectrum daylight led. Make sure it's capable of supporting good plant growth before you try it out though

Lots and lots of good options on amazon for cheap.

• Like 1

Ok thanks I’m not sure what I’m getting but I’ll keep that in mind I was thinking maybe a clown goby but I have to see what my lfs has so maybe a trimma goby