Coral Vue Hydros

Acan coral question

Hud

I Got an acan coral about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering why my acan isn’t that bright when I have whites and blues on the acan is kind of dull and when I turn on the blue lights it gets a little brighter any suggestions to make the coral brighter here are some pics of it

8F836FDA-611F-447C-B0E4-5926BCE68347.jpeg

D6B65FF2-CC4F-4E9F-9348-0D0E058200F2.jpeg

Do you have a pic under whiter lights? Some acans just don't glow much, and the pictures you'll see online are largely touched up if not outright color-edited. It doesn't look super unusual to me. 

Do you feed it? If not, you should give it a frozen mysis or a food pellet at least once a week, preferably feeding multiple heads. LPS corals do best if fed. 

7 hours ago, Tired said:

Do you have a pic under whiter lights? Some acans just don't glow much, and the pictures you'll see online are largely touched up if not outright color-edited. It doesn't look super unusual to me. 

Do you feed it? If not, you should give it a frozen mysis or a food pellet at least once a week, preferably feeding multiple heads. LPS corals do best if fed. 

I feed it reef roids I will do a pic under whiter lights when I get home I Wii start feeding it brine it’s only 3 heads by the way

5 hours ago, rough eye said:

was it brighter when you bought it? maybe it would be happier on the sand,

Yeah it was brighter at my lfs. I had it on the sand but should I put it back in the sand

2 hours ago, Hud said:

Yeah it was brighter at my lfs. I had it on the sand but should I put it back in the sand

Light settings will change the fluoresence of a coral, thats the most common reason for why a coral at a store looks different than when in your tank.

If you run 50% white 50% blue, the coral will look different than say if the store runs 80% blue, 20% white, 80% uv etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Hud said:

I run 100 blues and 10 whites just so you know the White light is really bright

If the store ran totally different lights than you and different settings, the coral will look different. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Hud said:

Ok thank you

If the coral is healthy looking, eating, you visually don't see anything wrong, its most likely the lighting difference.

How are your parameters? Nitrate and phos too.

• Like 1