ReefCleaners.org

Is the Cycle Complete or Not Yet

TimeOrMoney

Great news!  Looks like by the weekend it will be done!  This is such a great example of the nitrogen cycle right here (and the images in your tank journal as well) :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The current thinking is that nitrites are not really a concern. They are not toxic in saltwater until very extreme levels. Matter of fact, I did not test of nitrites when I restarted my tank, once the ammonia reached zero, reduce nitrate to 5-10 ppm with a water change and add livestock. If. you want to be totally safe, wait until nitrites go away, your choice.

53 minutes ago, DevilDuck said:

The current thinking is that nitrites are not really a concern. They are not toxic in saltwater until very extreme levels. Matter of fact, I did not test of nitrites when I restarted my tank, once the ammonia reached zero, reduce nitrate to 5-10 ppm with a water change and add livestock. If. you want to be totally safe, wait until nitrites go away, your choice.

That's what Ive been seeing

Just now, gena said:

Partay time!!!!  I had a feeling it would be done by Friday!!!! 😁

You did! I definitely listened. Didnt even test yesterday..

• Like 4

It’s kinda like the miracle of birth, but it’s the miracle of a completed cycle! Congrats on waiting it out… now the real work begins. 🙂🤗

• Like 2
6 hours ago, banasophia said:

It’s kinda like the miracle of birth, but it’s the miracle of a completed cycle! Congrats on waiting it out… now the real work begins. 🙂🤗

Work? The kid at Petco told me everything takes care of itself!

😜

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, TimeOrMoney said:

Work? The kid at Petco told me everything takes care of itself!

😜

Haha oops I think I was supposed to say FUN… not work… now is when the fun begins! 😁

• Haha 2